Tuesday, June 2, 2009

After lots of internal debate, I have decided to not take any classes this summer. The last 5 summers (since I was 15) I've only not been working and/or going to school once and that summer was spent moving so it wasn't like it was that much fun. Last summer I really killed myself. I took three classes because I was in a big hurry to finish junior college. So I talked it over with the parents and they were more supportive of me taking the summer off than I initially was! Perhaps it has something to do with the $900 + textbooks price tag? Regardless I am beyond excited. I'll continue to work weekends and pick up some Monday shifts but I will be free of college for 2.5 months! Don't get me wrong, I love learning but I'm burned out with paper writing and lectures that drag on forever.

My goals for the summer include:
*Re-doing the front yard and making it the most beautiful in our development :)
*Catching up on the time I've missed with my half-sister and step-sister
*Day trips to LA, Magic Mountain (an amusement park), and the beach
*Spending lots of time in my garden, getting a tan, and reading
*Doing my quarterly cleaning out and re-organizing of my room

I'm so excited I don't know whether to cry with joy or jump up and down like a 3-year old!

No comments: